Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The mysterious ancient Korg powered stage monitors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike_h

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 1:46 am    Post subject: The mysterious ancient Korg powered stage monitors Reply with quote

This is an expansion on a previous post in the "testing this forum" category,
I submit this here because it is synth related and there appears to be nowhere else to post it.
That being stated...I am referring to the mysterious SM-75 and the little sibling PM-30. Both are vintage 1985.

http://www.korgforums.com/support/brochure/SM-75,PM-30_Brochure.pdf

I serendipitously have come across one of each.
I like them both a lot...I use the SM-75 on gigs regularly.
It is very sturdy and dependable and yields a solid sound through a simple design with quality components.

Searching for another has brought crickets, although I have recently won a bid on a SM-75 on a Japanese site. Waiting for delivery details to transpire.
Japanese AC is 100V. I was looking for a schematic to see if I could tap the transformer to get it to accept 120VAC, but crickets there also.
I will probably end up getting a step-down transformer.

I did talk to two techs who said they came across these back in the day. They said the amp was a design they could work on without reference documentation!

So I am reaching out to see if anyone has or has had or has seen any of these?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: