Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TC Helicon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabcomp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject: TC Helicon Reply with quote

Has the PA5X dropped the TC Helicon Harmonies?
davekalbach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find the actual reference - but I think this was talked about here on the forum.

KORG has ended its relationship with TC Helicon, likely due to the latter now being owned by Behringer.

The 5x does have a very good harmonizer, built by Shift Audio, which aparantlty was started by two guys from TC Helicon. See related post:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127346

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano

Last edited by davekalbach on Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
mabcomp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: TC Helicon Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, its rather odd they dont mention the harmonies in the advertising
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth a mention... Although Vocal Harmonizer are not really my thing but i have dabbled with PA4X with a young duo (guitarist and vocalist who are now twisting my arm post covid to join them, time permitting and when I am fully confident with PA5X) where I help with there technical issues (PA and Sound, etc) and also i was never really satisfied with the results previously using the PA4X TC harmonizer...

But what really surprised me after attending KORG UK PA5X official launch evening hosted by Keysounds and where normaly I have been a little dismissive of these Harmonizers in the past...

But this time after listening to Pete Shaws rendition of a Ed Sheeran song demonstrating the NEW Vocal Harmonizer in PA5X, this then very quickly grabbed my attention and of course Pete has a lovely voice but importantly the results using the Vocal Harmonizers did not diminish in anyway and only enhanced Petes vocals (TC Electronics should be worried as two of there ex-employees have i believe done a stellar job with the PA5X which would indicate they are on to a winning formula)

The following day as the PA5X launch weekend continued and during my many discussions with the Korg team, I asked did they video the previous days event and specifically here Petes Shaws Ed Sheeran rendition using the New Harmonizers, as I was keen to show my friends vocalist in their duo, which unfortunately they hadn't but I did express i thought it would useful to repeat what i had experienced from Pete's Ed Sheeran rendition to video and perhaps followed by a explanation how he achieved this...

Pete did explain to me the following day how he did this but unfortunately I have forgotten already as there was so much to take in and i am sure others also would get much from a video like this.

SO..... after being pleasantly surprised and impressed with the New Harmonizer in Pete's performance I will now revisit the possibility of using the Vocal Harmonizer in PA5X with my friend's Duo.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that the harmonizer and doubler the pa5x has are WAY WAAAAAY better than TC ones on the previous models..
I had never managed to make the older ones produce a realistic (or even close to realistic) sound.They always sounded robotic to me..
Not any more!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Harmonizer Reply with quote

When you refer to the Harmonizer on the PA5X has it got an array of different harmonies to choose from or just a couple of basic. I shouldn't really be having to ask these questions, this should all be listed in the spec and advertising
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a lot of settings to tune the sound as you wish!
It was easier to just shoot a short video of all the options so here it is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo5AI58h2Ec

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject: Harmonizer Reply with quote

Grateful for your help, I was expecting to hear something but just a visual is ok as it cant be judged on You tube anyway
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Harmonizer Reply with quote

I assume the PaAs Speaker I already have on the PA4X will still fit
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Harmonizer Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
I assume the PaAs Speaker I already have on the PA4X will still fit

Yes...you assume correctly Smile
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject: PA5X Sounds Reply with quote

Heard a long sounds demo which is good, will we still have the styles used on the PA4X available also, for instance I like the Fifty Shades

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=PA5X&&view=detail&mid=F4B284DF82740B604029F4B284DF82740B604029&&FORM=VDRVSR
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: PA5X Sounds Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
Heard a long sounds demo which is good, will we still have the styles used on the PA4X available also, for instance I like the Fifty Shades

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=PA5X&&view=detail&mid=F4B284DF82740B604029F4B284DF82740B604029&&FORM=VDRVSR

I have personally not done any type of inventory to confirm what has been retained from PA4X (as I am to busy working/sorting/learning PA5X at the moment) but to answer you question then yes...

Fity Shades is still there on PA5X but remember Style have been revamped and sound beter.

P.s... I strongly recommend you seek out a PA5X to demo for your self, this will help you evaluate and answer many question you may have. Smile

Last edited by D575 on Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Harmonizer Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
Grateful for your help, I was expecting to hear something but just a visual is ok as it cant be judged on You tube anyway

My voice is not good enough hahaha!
I just wanted to let you see everything that is there cause if i understood correctly the pdf files that have been released up to this point have nothing about it.

tkarlmann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject: Pitch Correction on the 5x seems meager compared to 4x Reply with quote

All the 5x appears to have for Pitch Correction is ON or OFF.
How do I adjust for Hard-Tune (Cher) vs. Soft Tune?
Where is the Checkbox for "Muting the Mic Input"?
The 4x appears to have MANY more options for voice than the 5x.

I cannot fathom what one other replier here means -- due to the fact that the sessions he listened to was not recorded.

Korg will not get my mega-$$$$$$ for a 5x for such shoddy descriptions, videos, or manuals!
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Pitch Correction on the 5x seems meager compared to 4x Reply with quote

tkarlmann wrote:
All the 5x appears to have for Pitch Correction is ON or OFF.
How do I adjust for Hard-Tune (Cher) vs. Soft Tune?
Where is the Checkbox for "Muting the Mic Input"?
The 4x appears to have MANY more options for voice than the 5x.

I cannot fathom what one other replier here means -- due to the fact that the sessions he listened to was not recorded.

Korg will not get my mega-$$$$$$ for a 5x for such shoddy descriptions, videos, or manuals!

4X has way less options in fact...
I uploaded a video with all the settings for each part of the voice processor here in an earlier reply.
You need no checkbox on screen for muting (although there may be one i don't recall right now) etc as you have the assignable buttons that do all of these with a hardware button.
About the sound , there are some videos on youtube that you can listen to about how it sounds but you ll never get a clean opinion about something like that through a video as it also depends on the singer behind the microphone...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: