Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personal purchase show-stoppers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:

But... importantly PA5X still needs a Dedicated Interface and Hardware Solution as previously known...

Maybe, maybe not. USB Foot Switches are universal. The market is already full of them so KORG may have no intentions of releasing their own. Someone looking for a pedal that looks like an EC5, they already exsist.

The Behringer FCB1010 is I nice pedal, but it's probably too big for most people. It's also a very old product that deosn't even do USB.

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a bit of digging for something entirely USB based, but similar in size to the EC5.

For those in the EU (€160)
https://www.thomann.de/ie/blackstar_live_logic.htm

For those is the USA ($200)
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LiveLogic--blackstar-live-logic-6-button-midi-footcontroller

Comes with a PC/MAC program that allows you to assign all the PC/CC functions you want to it.
https://blackstaramps.com/live-logic/?product_id=838

Powers directly off the USB Port, but it can also run on a battery if you want to do other "Non Pa5X" things with it.

Regards
Sharp.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - hopefully this will happen. Immediate problem is that I have the MIDI pedal but no MIDI information for most of the functions I use (on EC5) so can't configure the pedal.
Maybe Korg will give us some more info like the MIDI PC/CC for VAR-UP VAR-DOWN, ENSEMBLE switch, etc - if they just complete the tables on P559 then we're good with a MIDI pedal.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Yes - hopefully this will happen. Immediate problem is that I have the MIDI pedal but no MIDI information for most of the functions I use (on EC5) so can't configure the pedal.
Maybe Korg will give us some more info like the MIDI PC/CC for VAR-UP VAR-DOWN, ENSEMBLE switch, etc - if they just complete the tables on P559 then we're good with a MIDI pedal.

Very Happy

Yes a midi implementation manual is the next step if they would just release one...

Which would solve so many problems here and as Shap has shown (i have been looking the past few days at them) there a plenty of products (design/size) to choose from...

But if they did reintroduce a revamped dedicated interface within the OS to include a new pedal I would jump at that also...
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Sounds like you probably missed the part where you set the range of motion for the pedal. The CC Value is only one part. You also have to set the minimum and maximum values for the range of motion the pedal can move. This is a value between 0 and 127.

Apologies - I should have mentioned that as well - I set the 1st Value (Pedal Full Back) to 50, and the 2nd Value (Pedal Full Forward) to 127.

This should have given me the ability to go from just below half volume to Full volume at 127

As it is currently setup CC#11 moves My Recorder (Korg D32XD) Channel 1 Fader through it's full range. (Not the intended use)

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be wrong with using a USB midi controller? The 5 does have two host ports - have not read the manual so I have no idea i it has MIDI learn, but if CC #'s can be assigned then I would suggest a USB pedal (a LOT smaller than the FCB) could be used
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal purchase show-stoppers Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

The odd thing is that one unavailable feature in a new model can be a complete show-stopper. One such feature is the EC5 for me. I’ve used the EC5 for over 21 years since my i3. Now, I don’t need an EC5 as such on a PA5x BUT I do need an equivalent. OK, so we are suggesting a MIDI pedal like the Behringer FCB1010 (which I own). The FCB is only a partial solution – let’s take a small simple example:-
Pete Very Happy

Have you tried this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n2DvOWecoo

This guy shows this Bluetooth gadget changing Variations on a Pa-1000.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not Understand you all, Sorry but try to understand , All this functions can be done with KORG nanopads.
Use one, And wait fore an updated OS, so we can see if there are any other sollutions KORG offers, For now Use the NANOPAD

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
I do not Understand you all, Sorry but try to understand , All this functions can be done with KORG nanopads.
Use one, And wait fore an updated OS, so we can see if there are any other sollutions KORG offers, For now Use the NANOPAD

When your hands are preoccupied what better solution but to use your feet....

A comprehensive Midi solution may (fingers crossed) come from within this forum soon...stay tuned Smile

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127521
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Need to use my feet!!!!
Need to know the MIDI data to configure the functions in any MIDI pedal!!!

Hopefully a solution one day to "replace" the EC5 pedal

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Publish MIDI commands of implemented internal switches Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Yes that can be done but the Behringer then acts like 2 single pedal foot switches which plug into the 2 PA5x ports (which I already use).
So the FCB can give you 10 MIDI pedals and 2 switch pedals (FCB has 2 output ports for the switch cables)

Hello Pete,
it is good that the FCB1010 can take over at least a time one of the assigned functions of the footswitch via CC#4. The original problem remains, however, because the EC5 had five differently programmed functions for direct access. Compared to the Pa4x, five of the seven possible functions are missing, which you would otherwise have direct access to with an EC5.
Korg please publish the Midi commands (sysexs, NRPN) with which the numerous internal switches are implemented, but have not yet been published anywhere.

Switch functions should be available at the same time via MIDI instead of being fixed to an single, individually assignable function.
Even with the Nanopad and any other external midi controller, only the functions defined by Korg - eg for remote control via ProgramChange - are possible. Direct access a time to the functions VarUp, VarDown, Kbd Set Up and Kbd Set Down Selects is thus possible for only one of these generic controllers via the assignment of the foot controller.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pa5x Performance Guide details MIDI CC# messages on page 555. Four pages further on is a section entitled "Controlling the Styles and Songs via MIDI", with a list of Style Elements and Controls. The Pa5x uses Program Change messages for the latter items. The Performance Guide also gives NRPN messages that the Pa5x responds to.

pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Very Happy

Pete, have you tried running the 5 into MIDI-Ox? then simply press a button (eg variation) on the 5 and whatever sysex or MIDI data is generated will be displayed its monitor.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Asena wrote:

When your hands are preoccupied what better solution but to use your feet....

A comprehensive Midi solution may (fingers crossed) come from within this forum soon...stay tuned Smile

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127521

We can Always Use A Breath Controller Smile Hahaha
If you are not a Singer hehe

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to Chris v Lommel today he is the benelux support manager and demonstrator from Korg..

There is a new modern replacement of the ec5 on its way from Korg.. presumably its an USB device that can be connected directly to the pa5x .. but Chris could not give any real details, just that its under development
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: