Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg is searching a new demonstrator
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Korg is searching a new demonstrator Reply with quote

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2016/0224/

Might as well be a member of this Forum... There is quite a few i guess that fit this job...
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream job. Shocked

Regards
Sharp.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
My dream job. Shocked

Regards
Sharp.

I am quite sure, you will excell at that Job..

So why not write them a letter.. Or make a phonecall
Don Headley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Mike Martin will apply ? Shocked Shocked
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Headley wrote:
I wonder if Mike Martin will apply ? Shocked Shocked
LOL! ROFL
Perilous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope who ever the future International Product Demonstrator will have a partner or a small team to help out.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
My dream job.

Go for it James - I'll write a personal glowing reference for you... Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a similar post in June 2015:
http://www.korgusa.com/careers/Technology_Pos.html

Do you think, is it now for a replacement of Rich (Formidoni - Product Training Manager)?

I think it's very hard to find a guy like this, who can demonstrate (media interviews included) all products anywhere in the world. Frequency of travelling is not mentioned, either.

So, it seems to be a good job with a high salary. Wink

I wish the best for Korg to find the right one. Most probably a not too young (but not too old either), single, experienced, intelligent, healthy, good-looking and brave person who has exceptional musical and communicative abilities.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested, but I could never deal with the constant traveling. Would be fun if it ends up being someone from here though.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine anyone with such a high profile EVER wanting to do this lousy travelling job, cutting off all your social bonds to friends and family, and not even offering a professional long time perspective.

It sounds a bit like they want to save the money for local (continent) demonstrators by perhaps giving a bit more money to one single poor soul with lots of travel jobs.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
I can't imagine anyone with such a high profile EVER wanting to do this lousy travelling job, cutting off all your social bonds to friends and family, and not even offering a professional long time perspective.

It sounds a bit like they want to save the money for local (continent) demonstrators by perhaps giving a bit more money to one single poor soul with lots of travel jobs.

I would rather see it otherwise: it gives the possibility to a (probably young and single person) the chance to see a lot of the world while making some good money. Probably it's not a job someone wants to do for very long due to the constraints mentioned above (cutting off social bonds etc).

But I know a lot of young people would like to the possibility to travel a lot (and get paid for it). Of course it's not a holiday job, but some might see the travelling not negative but positive.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For young singles that could be an options, but I doubt that any really young person has the required communicative skills and maturity to deal with persons and situations of all kinds.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they should add "recently divorced" to the requirements? Wink
Still, "good social skills" and "no social life" seem like a weird match Smile
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I talk to my wife about this roll, the more it seems to contradict itself. The person qualified for this roll would have to be single, have no social life, but also have great social skills. An single person in that roll will also only have very limited reaching impact on a world stage, which seems very counter productive given the digital era we live in and the power of social media.

It would make far more sense to have a person employed to work both online and from a physical location.

KORG should be blogging live from every Namm, and Messe show. Give people live on the ground information straight from the events as they happen. Use Social Media daily to give people a direct connection to the product no matter where they are in the world.

When back at the office / studio, have them doing all they can to create brand awareness, free downloads (additional styles/sounds/samples), product support, video demonstrations, tutorials, and travel when needed to do product demo tours. Among many other things.

There's far more one person can accomplish online with limited travel on this world stage that what KORG are currently looking for.

Regards
Sharp.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
The more I talk to my wife about this roll, the more it seems to contradict itself. The person qualified for this roll would have to be single, have no social life, but also have great social skills. An single person in that roll will also only have very limited reaching impact on a world stage, which seems very counter productive given the digital era we live in and the power of social media.

It would make far more sense to have a person employed to work both online and from a physical location.

KORG should be blogging live from every Namm, and Messe show. Give people live on the ground information straight from the events as they happen. Use Social Media daily to give people a direct connection to the product no matter where they are in the world.

When back at the office / studio, have them doing all they can to create brand awareness, free downloads (additional styles/sounds/samples), product support, video demonstrations, tutorials, and travel when needed to do product demo tours. Among many other things.

There's far more one person can accomplish online with limited travel on this world stage that what KORG are currently looking for.

Regards
Sharp.

I think its a mix from being ominent on the interwebs as well as traveling around and meeting people.. Both ways are potent and the combination of them would be what i would be targetting for as a company..

Traveling a lot does not mean you will loose your social life at home. being away from home makes most relations and friendships only strong, as we say you will never know what you been missing till she is not around...

I do think however that not only Korg, but also Yamaha and Roland underestimate the power of the internet as a marketing and customer relations tool.

The only one that can change this, is the one that gets the job...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: