Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedals and options?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NumanFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Pedals and options? Reply with quote

Hi guys I am a relative keyboard novice.

I would like to add a pedal/pedals to my M50. As a base I would like to add piano like sustain but it would appear there are other options too.

Can anyone do a quick recommendation?

Cheers

Alan

Alan
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you hook up a MIDI pedal, you have 3 pedal slots on the M50. One is for sustain only, one is for an expression pedal that can do different continuous things like control master volume, and one is for a switch pedal that can do different on/off things like move to the next or previous program.

What you need is dependent on how you play. If you're not playing live, probably all you need is sustain and maybe an expression pedal for volume. You have to have an idea of how you want to use the keyboard first before you can talk about how best to get it to do what you want it to do.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most used ANYTHING on my Korg synths is the expression pedal. I use it ESPECIALLY for Leslie, many effects and I use it on almost every patch I use live for something. The pedal I recommend for it is the Yamaha FC7. It's cheaper than Korg's and VERY smooth and durable. But I still think you'll eventually use the assignable switch as well. Get the Korg PS1 for about 30 bucks and you'll start to find uses for it. momentary effects, patch up or down, etc. As far as damper pedals, there's not a better one than the Korg DS1H.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Behringer FCB1010 which contains 10 switches and 2 pedals and with the outstanding flexible way of programming the M61 you can do a lot with it (it can send CC messages).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: