Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Forums Redesign.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Korg Forums Redesign. Reply with quote

Hi all.
I'm in the process of redesigning KORG Forums webpages and I would appreciate your feedback at this stage before I go any further.

CLICK HERE PLEASE

I would also like to also ask you to consider sending me images for the “Community Gallery”. This is a new idea by where there will be a gallery of images from the community of individuals gear, studios, gigs, events, generally anything at all music related that you own the copyright to which you feel would be nice to share with the community.

So for the moment, please just consider the idea of sending me images for the gallery. I will let you all know when I'm accepting them. Should be very soon.

Regards
Sharp.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it looks good, but a bit dark.
I don't like the font of the main text; a bit out-to-date I think.

Play in style. Wink
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good.

I agree though that Serifs are generally looking outdated. And darker themes may not necessarily be easy on the eyes particularly when reading text.

As for the 'forum' page, I hope you'll be dropping the top 'Korg Forums' banner from the page hosting the embedded frame. Otherwise there will be very little room for content.
Just keep the navigation bar at the top and lose the logo banner.

Also, all the web devs I work with tell me that iFrames are Evil. But I'm not sure why..
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks good, maybe a bit dark but as long as there are no yelling/flashing items and sound it is ok (I keep this site opened at work and when it is too 'flashy' I need to hide it most of the time.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, can images be uploaded only by you or by anyone? (considering disk space for example).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gjvti

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally do not like dark pages - it is pain to read for eyes (I spend lot of my day working with PC). Current colour scheme seems ideal to me. Perhaps you should consider two or three different skins - stylish vs readability, which can be selected in user preferences and also by cookies. I read forum mostly not logged in.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it looks great. Especially as you will be able to view the forum in other themes like you say on the main page.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Including the white-on-black thing, I don't mind that. But it might be a good idea to present options to users, if possible.

Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg:: wrote:
I like it. Including the white-on-black thing, I don't mind that. But it might be a good idea to present options to users, if possible.

If you read the index page you will see that Sharp says "you can select other themes to view the forum in. "
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
I don't like the font of the main text; a bit out-to-date I think

When you say main text, what do you mean?
The text as in the content of the pages is as standard as you can get.

Quote:
And darker themes may not necessarily be easy on the eyes particularly when reading text.

This will always split users down the middle so I’ve gone for the best compromise I could think of.

Quote:
As for the 'forum' page, I hope you'll be dropping the top 'Korg Forums' banner from the page hosting the embedded frame.

Good idea. I’ll do that.

Quote:
Also, all the web devs I work with tell me that iFrames are Evil. But I'm not sure why..

Strange.
Doesn’t really matter I guess though since both options will be provided.

Quote:
I think it looks good, maybe a bit dark but as long as there are no yelling/flashing items and sound it is ok (I keep this site opened at work and when it is too 'flashy' I need to hide it most of the time.

When you login to the forums, they will look the exact same what they have always. So this shouldn’t be a problem. I’m not modifying the forums at all. I’m just changing the default them. People not logged in with have the dark theme. Those logged in will see whatever theme they are using right now.

Quote:
Btw, can images be uploaded only by you or by anyone? (considering disk space for example).

Disk space in not a problem, but because of the nature of the way KORG are hosting the forums for me, I can’t provide a means for users to upload their own content without getting KORG heavily involved.

So, I’ve written a program that batch processes images and generates the gallery and WebPages. It will do all the resizing and create consistency. So the gallery will be updated in large batches.

[quote] I personally do not like dark pages - it is pain to read for eyes (I spend lot of my day working with PC). Current colour scheme seems ideal to me./quote]

For the webpages, the theme will be dark. For the forum, the theme is whatever you are using right now, or you can select others by modifying your account.

Quote:
Perhaps you should consider two or three different skins - stylish vs readability, which can be selected in user preferences and also by cookies. I read forum mostly not logged in.

This already exists, but you must be logged. After the change, the default theme will be dark. If you do nothing but simply login, you will see the forum exactly as your seeing it right now.

When I login, the forum is dark.

Thanks everyone.

Regards
Sharp.
Alan Waddington

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Looks good.
As for the 'forum' page, I hope you'll be dropping the top 'Korg Forums' banner from the page hosting the embedded frame. Otherwise there will be very little room for content.

+1
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of sending lots of pics about PCG Tools (no just kidding) ... if you can leave space for the 5 MB manual (maybe going to 10 MB in time) I would be happy.

I really look forward to the changes you have in mind. Although I think content is more important than looks an update every once in a while keeps it fresh.

I am sure you will make good decisions about the new theme(s).

hazabikit

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't like it.

I read Korg forums at work, and I need something bland-looking that won't distract other people.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazabikit wrote:
Sorry, I don't like it.

I read Korg forums at work, and I need something bland-looking that won't distract other people.

Sigh...
Its been mentioned at least 3 times in this thread that you can select different themes when viewing the forums.

This is not new. The forums have alway had this function.

Regards
Sharp
shefu

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a much welcomed change. Thank you for your dedication!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: