Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Krome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sloanduncan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Korg Krome Reply with quote

What would the best make of SD Card to use with my Korg Krome ?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really doesn't matter ... one of the best known brands is SanDisk but I have used Transcend with no problems ever.

As long as you take care of the right format (there are SD, SDHC and SDXC). I'm not sure what the Korg Krome supports.

Speed is not really important, files of several MB loads in seconds.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cjj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krome supports SD & SDHC, not SDXC. No big deal, SDHC goes up to 32 GByte (I think), which is plenty.

As for what brand, officially, if they say they meet SD or SDHC specifications, they should all be fine. In reality, there aren't that many manufacturers of NAND Flash chips (which is what the actual storage elements are), and all want to meet the standards set up for those (mostly ONFI spec these days).

So, bottom line? Pretty much any of them should be fine. Going with a well known name might be better, but it probably doesn't matter a whole lot. I mostly look for price and maybe warranty, though I do tend to shy away from brands that I've never heard of (who knows how long they may be around). Right now I've got a bunch of Transcend cards 'cause I've heard of them and they seem to be reasonable priced...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: