Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fit recommendations for a Gator GKPE-76D-TSA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cobra Jet

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Fit recommendations for a Gator GKPE-76D-TSA Reply with quote

My Gator TSA 76D final arrived after the sent me the wrong one the first time. It came with two spacer pads for the bottom and two stack attached to the top. The top stacks can be separated into six different pieces. Since this is not a custom case specifically for the Kronos 73, I was wondering if anybody had pictures of how they set theirs up?
Since the case is both longer and wider than the Kronos, I used one of the bottom pads to keep the keyboard from sliding to the back and one to keep it from sliding to the side. It seemed to hold best if I left the two stacks of three pads attached to the top, but that seemed a bit tight when I closed the lid.
navydave

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 61, but I put my two spacers at the bottom to cushion it when setting upright (on its side) and spread the stacks evenly 1 thick across the top
Cobra Jet

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture of how I setup my case. I have all 6 of the top pads stacked in two rows. If I spaced all six out on top, when I set the case on its back edge the keyboard slid over the pad on the bottom back

photo DSC_7064_zpsb67acc93.jpg
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In which way does the 73 not fit? depth, length wise or both?
Cobra Jet

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diego5150 wrote:
In which way does the 73 not fit? depth, length wise or both?

Even though this is the case that Gator recommends for the 73 it is still a few inches wider and longer then the 73. Gator provided the two spacers that I have laid out in the center at the back of the case and one off to the left side on the bottom. With them in place the keyboard rests at the bottom of the case just fine. If I keep the two stacks of six pads on the top of the case as shipped the lid is hard to close and I was concerned that it might damage one of the knobs. If I spaced all six out on top, when I set the case on its back edge the keyboard slid over the pad on the bottom back.
I may call Gator and see what they think.
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may sell additional spacers for the sides or they can recommend an aftermarket company that does.
Good Luck and post your results.
I did not see any casters, does it have wheels and a rolling handle?
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just selling mine Rolling Eyes

What isn't obvious from this case is that it is a PIG to carry any distance.
All the weight is concentrated on one arm.
It's also a bugger to lift into the back of my Jeep.

I'm selling mine which I bought for my Hammond SK2 and replacing it with the old style which has two carry handles.

www.losendos.co.uk
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a keyboard case from Thomann ... and it sounds strange, but what matters most to me (except some decent quality), is that the hand grip is not from hard plastic but softer (leather or fake leather). This last is really important because it feels like the weight is a lot less because of the hard plastic grips on most cases really 'strain' into your fingers.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bach42t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the official Korg cases?? I don't want to have to do any custom jobs. I can't find the Korg cases anymore. They must have made one batch and then discontinued them.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjpearson wrote:

I'm selling mine which I bought for my Hammond SK2 and replacing it with the old style which has two carry handles.

No argument that it can be heavy, but it's the lightest for this class of case that's not a gig bag (Believe me I LOOKED!). Further, didn't yours have the roller blade wheels on it? The new ones now have two carry handles. I called them when I first got mine, and they sent me a 2nd one FOC to install.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that cases with a leather (or maybe fake leather) grip FEELS a lot lighter than a hard plastic grip. Although the weight is the same, with a plastic grip, the weight cuts through your fingers and the weight is pressed unevenly among them. With a (fake?) leather grip the weight is spread more evenly and it is really a lot of difference.

I never want to buy a hard case / flight case with a hard plastic grip anymore.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
alanjpearson wrote:

No argument that it can be heavy, but it's the lightest for this class of case that's not a gig bag (Believe me I LOOKED!). Further, didn't yours have the roller blade wheels on it? The new ones now have two carry handles. I called them when I first got mine, and they sent me a 2nd one FOC to install.

It maybe the lightest for this class but all the weight in one handle is a killer, especially when you have to swing it one-armed into the back of a vehicle - the handle on the end is no real help there.
And mine had wheels yes but thats no help down stairs or on gravel drives!

Plus the GMIX is a better fit for the Hammond SK2

Just to confirm we are talking this:

VS this:

www.losendos.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: