Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any PC gamers out there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I have a little confession to make. I bought a fully maxed out Alienware 18 so at this stage I can honestly say that the video doesn't do the PC any justice. YouTube encoding is killing a lot of the resolution. Probably killing the Console videos a bit too.

Crysis 3 set to Ultra on the Alienware looks *&$%ing awesome.

Regards
Sharp.

Me = jealous Evil or Very Mad

Got a samsung 700g7a laptop and its a 3D lappy. Runs most games well that I have (bf3, crysis 2, cod waw etc, but not tried the VERY latest titles out yet (battlefield 4, crysis 3, bio shock infinite etc. ) And with a 6970m gfx card, not sure how it would handle these.

What gfx combination did you opt for sharp? Amd 7970/ gtx 780 etc, and crossfire/sli ? Must hsve cost a ticket! Wink

Got a 6 core cpu desktop to fall back on though that handles everything more or less....

Any pics of it by any chance?

JOHN 3:16
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anthony

Quote:
Got a samsung 700g7a laptop and its a 3D lappy. Runs most games well that I have (bf3, crysis 2, cod waw etc, but not tried the VERY latest titles out yet (battlefield 4, crysis 3, bio shock infinite etc. ) And with a 6970m gfx card, not sure how it would handle these.

That's a pretty serious laptop. I'm sure it would have no problem running most games for sure. Crysis 3 is just one of those games that's a complete animal for eating GPU cycles. Seems almost unnecessarily so in fact as games with are much lighter on load look just as good.

Quote:
What gfx combination did you opt for sharp? Amd 7970/ gtx 780 etc, and crossfire/sli ?

Dual GTX 780M SLI
They make complete mince meat of anything I've thrown at them so far. I can encode a DVD to a compressed MP4 file using hardware acceleration at well over 700 frames per second where my main studio desktop can only manage 40% of those kind of speeds.

Quote:
Must hsve cost a ticket!

Gulp... yeah. I can say now it was worth every cent. Didn't feel that way after I had ordered it though and was waiting for it to arrive. It's a lot of money.

Quote:
Any pics of it by any chance?

Nothing right now, but I'll post something tomorrow. My camera is pack away for a job I have tomorrow morning.

It looks really nice. The track pad completely illuminating is the coolest thing I've ever seen on any laptop.

Regards
Sharp
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought people buy consoles because they have superior graphics. With the way computing power increases every year PCs will usually have the edge. I have a PS3 but that has more to do with certain titles I want to play, the fact that it's a BluRay player and the convenience of having it in the living room hooked up to a large tv. Plus the controller is nice for some games. Pretty hard to find a computer for 300 bucks that does the same.

I haven't played pc games in while now, I got Diablo 3 when it came out, being a long time fan of the series, but I was pretty disappointed with it. I think I still have GW2 installed but I haven't played it in ages. It's my first mmorpg and I honestly can't say I like the concept. I've recently played Last of Us on PS3, which I thought was quite good, if a little short. Definitely recommend it for those who do have a PS3.
I also really liked Dragon Age and its follow ups. Not a big FPS fan though.

My wife plays a lot of Guild Wars and Civilization Smile
Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I haven't played pc games in while now, I got Diablo 3 when it came out, being a long time fan of the series, but I was pretty disappointed with it. I think I still have GW2 installed but I haven't played it in ages. It's my first mmorpg and I honestly can't say I like the concept. I've recently played Last of Us on PS3, which I thought was quite good, if a little short. Definitely recommend it for those who do have a PS3.
I also really liked Dragon Age and its follow ups. Not a big FPS fan though.

My wife plays a lot of Guild Wars and Civilization Smile

Blizzard has released the expansion Reaper of Souls now for Diablo 3, which fixes a lot of the issues and drawbacks of Diablo 3.
The real money auction house has been removed, a new class has been introduced and a lot of things have changed.
If you're a fan of Diablo, the expansion might be worth it.

I have played GW2 as well, but since it has no real end gaming content, it got boring after a while.
I do play World of Warcraft for many years now, which still satisfies me thanks to it's end game content.
One of the best games I played last year was the latest Tombraider. That one was really brilliant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: