Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prices of the Kronos in the Netherlands`
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I was already aware of this. In older posts it can be read that mostly throughout europe mostly 1 Kronos is sent to some stores, mainly for public advertisement/demo reasons. In the netherlands I heard they even may not be sold, but only used for demos or shop advertisement.

Since Thomann is a very big store, they probably would get lots of mails if they put a Kronos on their site without the possibility to deliver them (in reasonable time). I think the Kroni shortage will last for at least 6 months.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Harry_G

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael. Do you know which shops in Holland have a Kronos?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that InfoMusic (I think in Deventer or Emmen) has one. I think they have a 61.

I know for sure that Lyana music has a Kronos 73. That shop is in Stein and I tried it there a few weeks ago. I think the shop has now vacation period but you can mail them. The owner is very friendly and when I was there there was plenty of time for testing.

I only know there are 3 Kronos 73 in the entire Benelux (one of them at Lyana).

Oostendorp in Wezep has a 88 and will give demos soon (look on their website).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the 88 at Oostendorp and tried to buy it, but there was no way. I was put on their list but the guy gave me quite a "moeilijke blik" when I asked when it would be in. There were one or two people before me and he estimated halfway september or possibly even October... Sad
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I told ... they are not allowed to sell it.

I heard rumors about one shop having sold one, don't know about their license tough.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just check bax shop: last week the website stated 1 week before delivery of a Kronos 61, 73 etc ... when I check now it states 10 weeks.

Guess the end of delays is far from ended. Also looking at the Oostendorp reaction above.

Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I just check bax shop: last week the website stated 1 week before delivery of a Kronos 61, 73 etc ... when I check now it states 10 weeks.

The day they phoned me to tell me that the delivery of my Kronos-61 was postponed by another 10 weeks was the same day they adjusted the waiting time on their site.
It seems most stores in Holland have no clue at the exact delivery dates at this moment.
Kinda weird situation if you ask me.

I also found some dutch guy selling his Kronos 61. I'm curious how he got it in the first place. Import from the US maybe.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuma wrote:
The day they phoned me to tell me that the delivery of my Kronos-61 was postponed by another 10 weeks was the same day they adjusted the waiting time on their site.
It seems most stores in Holland have no clue at the exact delivery dates at this moment.
Kinda weird situation if you ask me.

Yes, this is also the case with the store i've preordered the kronos. They have no clue about the delivery dates.

Since the previous delivery date is delayed again i really doubt that the end of september / october date will be the new delivery date. Since no one can give a hard date it could be easely be december or even worse next year, before the importer voerman is delivering the ordered kronosses to the stores.

I'm not blaming the store i've ordered the Kronos, but this whole delivery mess from korg is one big bad advertisement for the product. It would be a lot better if they said; 'you have to wait till the second week of october and then you're order will be delivered'. At least we would know then what to expect.

But keeping customers in the dark like they do now is very disappointing.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real problem is of course no country get enough Korgs. It seems that every month or so only a handful of Korgs are distributed in the Netherlands.

There is some rule I heard that these are not allowed to be sold, but only for demo/advertisement purposes. Otherwise they would be sold immediately looking at the number of people wanting a Kronos. That is the reason why e.g. Thomann does not put the Kronos on their site.

This rule is made by Korg but I'm not sure if it is 'invented' by Korg Japan or Voerman. Of course shops which make claims about delivery dates don't make themselves popular and even more important: it's bad advertisement for Korg at the end.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have confirmation the music shop Westerhaven in Groningen has 61 version(s) available.

QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got an interesting call last friday. The store owner where i preordered my Kronos 88 called me and told me that he expects to deliver my order in the last week of august. When i looked at an other store (germany) they also mention the availability of the Kronos 88 on 30 august.

Now we have to wait if this will be true, but this sounds promising Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
got an interesting call last friday. The store owner where i preordered my Kronos 88 called me and told me that he expects to deliver my order in the last week of august. When i looked at an other store (germany) they also mention the availability of the Kronos 88 on 30 august.

Now we have to wait if this will be true, but this sounds promising Smile

Mostly Korgs come in batches so I guess they all expect a (new) batch on August, 30. I hope for you it will be true.

Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the start of this week, Bax-shop still showed an expected delivery of the K61 in 7 weeks. Today I went to their site again, and now it shows 9 weeks again. Neutral
Yesterday I called several dutch shops and none could tell me the exact week in which they expect the K61 to arrive.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine was in a meeting with Voerman yesterday (the importer), and they said they didn't expect it to be widely available until November/December, possibly January.
Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is why all these dutch shops and even Voerman advertise the Kronos this early then. Can't be under the motto "coming very soon", as 4-6 months later isn't really "very soon".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: