Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 88 and RH3 keyboard faulty
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxtub

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Kronos 88 and RH3 keyboard faulty Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum
sorry if I do not write very well but I am Italian and I use a translator
2 days ago I purchased a Kronos 88 keys (one of the first delivered in Italy) and I immediately noticed a problem on RH3 keyboard, in fact, with a particular key is pressed, the sound was broken, almost stopped. Playing with energy, by pressing the keys hard enough, but the problem did not show up playing the hand dropping from a height (soft sound), from time to time, some notes were blocked shots.
Another person, also in Italy, found the same problem.
The shopkeeper gave me back the full amount of money and now are waiting on what to do.
I would like to know if any of you have found the same problem only affects some keyboards or delivered in Italy

Here you can listen to a recording of the problem
http://www.divshare.com/download/15773400-496

Thanks and hello
Massimiliano
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that.

I think there is already a topic about it, something with clunk or clonk, also in the Kronos section.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
maxtub

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but not being very experienced and do not speak your language, I can not find the discussion where it is said, someone kindly give me the link potremme?

thanks and sorry
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65099

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rookwood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos 88 and RH3 keyboard faulty Reply with quote

Massimiliano

I have this issue with my 88 as well, but it doesn't seem as bad as yours.

I've been using a Yamaha KX88 for so long that I thought my technique was bad, so I've been practicing more piano music. So far, it has not helped. Korg Customer Service in USA hasn't heard of this issue, and your post is the first here that note it (this is NOT the same issue as the other thread).

I do know that playing Ivory or any other external MIDI device from the Kronos 88 doesn't have this problem, and playing the Kronos from my KX88 does not have this issue either. This also seems to be worse in the lower half of the keyboard.

My next step is to make a video for Korg Customer Support USA, which they requested.

I'll report back if they say anything.

maxtub wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum
sorry if I do not write very well but I am Italian and I use a translator
2 days ago I purchased a Kronos 88 keys (one of the first delivered in Italy) and I immediately noticed a problem on RH3 keyboard, in fact, with a particular key is pressed, the sound was broken, almost stopped. Playing with energy, by pressing the keys hard enough, but the problem did not show up playing the hand dropping from a height (soft sound), from time to time, some notes were blocked shots.
Another person, also in Italy, found the same problem.
The shopkeeper gave me back the full amount of money and now are waiting on what to do.
I would like to know if any of you have found the same problem only affects some keyboards or delivered in Italy

Here you can listen to a recording of the problem
http://www.divshare.com/download/15773400-496

Thanks and hello
Massimiliano
maxtub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Italy they have been delivered yet but I can assure you that very few shops already have two very important, after testing the keyboard Kronos88 with me, decided to return them to the importer!
I do not know if all are affected by this problem, and I do not think you saw that you are the first to talk about it, but I'm sure all those sent in my country have this defect.
There are even a few with the same problem SV1

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmbGfaHy7U

PS: Unfortunately I no longer can make a video since I returned to the store the Kronos 88
Rookwood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - this is what's happening with my 88, and no adjustment to the key velocity curve fixes it. It's as if the hammer action is double-triggering and causing the second trigger to play a mute sample.

Maybe I can just tell Korg support about this link.

Thanks for posting that link.

maxtub wrote:
In Italy they have been delivered yet but I can assure you that very few shops already have two very important, after testing the keyboard Kronos88 with me, decided to return them to the importer!
I do not know if all are affected by this problem, and I do not think you saw that you are the first to talk about it, but I'm sure all those sent in my country have this defect.
There are even a few with the same problem SV1

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmbGfaHy7U

PS: Unfortunately I no longer can make a video since I returned to the store the Kronos 88
maxtub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all
is a mechanical problem, the keys, when pressed in a certain way, bounce: the first time driving the correct velocity and the second bounce a velocity very low ... at least this is the conclusion we arrived
keep me informed of any developments of the problem, as I will

hello
timojito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: having the same problem Reply with quote

Yes, having the same problem. It's really annoying.

Here's a recording of me playing G2 B2 D3 B2 repeatedly, German Grand, no pedal, playing smoothly and avoiding any sudden change in attack. All the errors are coming from the Kronos.

http://www.divshare.com/download/15795966-9a4

Gets horrific around 0:55 or so (you can skip forward using the grey bar next to the play/pause button).
maxtub

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how long you have the Kronos 88?
I can not tell if all the Kronos have this problem or just a few ....
DavyP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like there might be a problem with being able to stream the sounds from the SSD quickly enough??? It sounds like its stuttering? Sort of trying to catch up?
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M1, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland JV1080 with Techno expansion, Roland D110, Yamaha MU80, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Akai ME30PII midi patch bay, Behringer RX1602 mixer, ESI ESP1010e audio interface, Quad Core PC, Cubase Pro 9.0, SE X1 condenser mic.

Guitars: Yamaha SG700, Ovation Applause electro-acoustic, Squier Strat, Roland micro cube amp.

Former: Roland Jupiter 6, Yamaha DX9, Akai X7000 sampler, Casio CZ1000, Roland SH101, Roland TR909, Roland MC500mk2, Emu Procussion.
maxtub

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, definitely not the problem.
In fact it does so with all the sounds and not just with the piano, in addition the problem, although to a lesser extent, the SV-1
timojito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxtub - I've had mine about 10 days or so. I live in south west England but ordered my Kronos 88 from Guildford (just outside London). The units arrived at the store there in the second week of September I think.

I don't think it can be a mechanical problem or an SSD problem because in my example recording (see earlier post, above) the note pattern isn't being played quickly and the keys clearly have plenty of time to return to their original position between consecutive strikes. It's not like they're being hit when they're still on the way up, or anything like that.

maxtub - If you could name some of the voices you have encountered the problem with, I'll investigate on mine and see if I have the same issue.
maxtub

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I have encountered on all voice and not just some, I think this may be a mechanical problem.
Try to observe exactly what happens when the key is having the problem, you'll see that has a little bounce that causes an effect like "replied" (I hope it translates well) which causes a first corrected sound velocity and a second with very low velocity
Korgstream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxtub, this problem occurs each time with different keys or the same keys?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 1 of 110

Jump to: