Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TidyKronos FREE Software for PCGs & SNGs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Melomaniak
Junior Member


Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 96
Location: Munich, DE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: TidyKronos FREE Software for PCGs & SNGs Reply with quote

What is TidyKronos?

TidyKronos is a free PC software for the Kronos. It allows you to handle *.PCG and *.SNG files.
With TidyKronos you can move programs, combinations, set lists, drum kits, drum pattern and wave sequences without loosing their common links (even the song timbres of *.SNG files).

What else can you do with TidyKronos?

- quickly search and filter all sounds and sound-components
- rename multiple sounds simultaneously with the multirename-tool
- sort programs and combinations automatically with a powerful sorting-tool
- copy song soundsets to combination, or combination to song
- swap program banks
- find duplicate or similar programs and combinations
- change multiple program references from combinations, songs, set list slots and drumtracks
- rename and change the order of all program and combination categories
- multi edit categories, favorites, karma on/off and drumtrack on/off parameters of programs and combinations
- ...

What can you NOT do with TidyKronos?

- You can NOT copy something from one PCG to another PCG. Use PCG Tools for this.
- You can NOT edit Set List Slots. Use Onkors for this.

(Perhaps sometime I also implement these features)

Notice
I do not recommend this software for kronos beginners! Only if you know, how your kronos works, this software could be very useful for you! I hope there are more such Kronos nerds and power-users like me Wink

Download TidyKronos here
www.diesemusik.de/tidykronos
_________________
Organize your sounds with the free software
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
media-igor
Senior Member


Joined: 30 May 2014
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: TidyKronos FREE Software for PCGs & SNGs Reply with quote

How the program works with SNG files? Why do I get the columns "In Songs" and "In setlists" - empty?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Melomaniak
Junior Member


Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 96
Location: Munich, DE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: TidyKronos FREE Software for PCGs & SNGs Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:
How the program works with SNG files? Why do I get the columns "In Songs" and "In setlists" - empty?

To load and edit SNG files, you have to put all SNG files that you want in an folder with the same name as the linked PCG file. In this folder you can also have subfolders with SNG files. When you save the PCG as a new file, TidyKronos creates also a new folder(tree) with all the SNG Files.
_________________
Organize your sounds with the free software
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SanderXpander
Platinum Member


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 7860

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your release!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ahutnick
Senior Member


Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 376

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of a Mac Version?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
media-igor
Senior Member


Joined: 30 May 2014
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: TidyKronos FREE Software for PCGs & SNGs Reply with quote

Melomaniak wrote:
media-igor wrote:
How the program works with SNG files? Why do I get the columns "In Songs" and "In setlists" - empty?

To load and edit SNG files, you have to put all SNG files that you want in an folder with the same name as the linked PCG file. In this folder you can also have subfolders with SNG files. When you save the PCG as a new file, TidyKronos creates also a new folder(tree) with all the SNG Files.


Files *.PCG and *.SNG - are in the same directory. How to use * .SNG file?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9047
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations with your new release!
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Melomaniak
Junior Member


Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 96
Location: Munich, DE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: TidyKronos FREE Software for PCGs & SNGs Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:
Melomaniak wrote:
media-igor wrote:
How the program works with SNG files? Why do I get the columns "In Songs" and "In setlists" - empty?

To load and edit SNG files, you have to put all SNG files that you want in an folder with the same name as the linked PCG file. In this folder you can also have subfolders with SNG files. When you save the PCG as a new file, TidyKronos creates also a new folder(tree) with all the SNG Files.


Files *.PCG and *.SNG - are in the same directory. How to use * .SNG file?


Do not put the SNG files in the same folder as the PCG file! Create a new folder with the same name as the PCG file in the same folder, and put your SNG files in this.

Example: If you have a folder called [example]. Put the PCG file in it called e.g. [mysounds.pcg]. Create an sub-folder in the [example] folder called [mysounds]. In this folder you have to put the SNG files in. It is not necessary to copy the audio-record-folders.
_________________
Organize your sounds with the free software
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
media-igor
Senior Member


Joined: 30 May 2014
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Congratulations with your new release!


Filters - excellent (quick and easy) work. Michelle, I mean it like that when requested the to PCGTools do a quick search
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9047
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Congratulations with your new release!


Filters - excellent (quick and easy) work. Michelle, I mean it like that when requested the to PCGTools do a quick search


Yes this is indeed a very nice implementation. It's already in my wish list, but if I ever get the time to implement it ...
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jimknopf
Platinum Member


Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Posts: 3306

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new release from me as well.

It's just great to have both of you guys, and both programs (PCGTools and TidyKronos)!
_________________
Kronos 73 - Moog Voyager RME - Moog LP TE - Behringer Model D - Prophet 6 - finally useable Korg Prologue, after months of impertinent Korg Japan management letdown - Rhodes 73 Mk I - Elektron Analog Rytm MkII - Cubase Pro 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
media-igor
Senior Member


Joined: 30 May 2014
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TidyKronos FREE Software for PCGs & SNGs Reply with quote

Melomaniak wrote:
media-igor wrote:
Melomaniak wrote:
media-igor wrote:
How the program works with SNG files? Why do I get the columns "In Songs" and "In setlists" - empty?

To load and edit SNG files, you have to put all SNG files that you want in an folder with the same name as the linked PCG file. In this folder you can also have subfolders with SNG files. When you save the PCG as a new file, TidyKronos creates also a new folder(tree) with all the SNG Files.


Files *.PCG and *.SNG - are in the same directory. How to use * .SNG file?


Do not put the SNG files in the same folder as the PCG file! Create a new folder with the same name as the PCG file in the same folder, and put your SNG files in this.


Example: If you have a folder called [example]. Put the PCG file in it called e.g. [mysounds.pcg]. Create an sub-folder in the [example] folder called [mysounds]. In this folder you have to put the SNG files in. It is not necessary to copy the audio-record-folders.


Well, it seems to work! So, if you have a standard set of files and folders, which is obtained by saving information:

- KRONOS (folder with Multisamples)
- KRONOS_A (folder with audio files of songs)
- KRONOS.KGE (karma)
- KRONOS.KSC (sample collection)
- KRONOS_Userbank.KSC (management of streaming samples)
- KRONOS.PCG (file with information on programs, combinations, global regime and set list)
- KRONOS.SNG (a file containing information on the songs).

It is necessary to move the file KRONOS.SNG to a folder KRONOS.

Perhaps in the future you will be able to do so did not need to do that move? Then, it may in the "In Songs" - to remove the extra characters (KRONOS. S001, S002, S003, S004, ...), but just to make 001, 002, 003, 004 .... So much information fit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
uhura
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 82
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Melomaniak, thank you very much! Unfortunately i get an index out of range exception in function dkit_daten_analysieren) with every PCG file i try to open:


************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
bei TidyKronos.class_PCG_file.dkit_daten_analysieren(Int32 banknr, Int32 combnr, Boolean OhneTimbre)
bei TidyKronos.class_PCG_file.DKT1_daten_strukturieren()
bei TidyKronos.class_PCG_file.load_file(String datei)
bei TidyKronos.frmPCG.beforeShow()
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jimknopf
Platinum Member


Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Posts: 3306

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a problem when starting the program:

I get a little alert box with a "0" (zero) in it and have to click the "ok" in that box many times repeatedly, before the program starts.
_________________
Kronos 73 - Moog Voyager RME - Moog LP TE - Behringer Model D - Prophet 6 - finally useable Korg Prologue, after months of impertinent Korg Japan management letdown - Rhodes 73 Mk I - Elektron Analog Rytm MkII - Cubase Pro 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9047
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhura wrote:
Hi Melomaniak, thank you very much! Unfortunately i get an index out of range exception in function dkit_daten_analysieren) with every PCG file i try to open:


************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
bei TidyKronos.class_PCG_file.dkit_daten_analysieren(Int32 banknr, Int32 combnr, Boolean OhneTimbre)
bei TidyKronos.class_PCG_file.DKT1_daten_strukturieren()
bei TidyKronos.class_PCG_file.load_file(String datei)
bei TidyKronos.frmPCG.beforeShow()




I made a donation for your app (as you have done for PCG Tools), same amount Smile.

However, I also get this error. It may related to the version of the PCG file.
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group