Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH3 Keybed Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: RH3 Keybed Information Reply with quote

This is an update from Sharp....
Anyone looking for the original thread where the issue was first diuscussed can CLICK HERE.
Please note that the thread is now locked as the solution is in place. All duscussion on the fix can be diuscussed in this thread here.

Regards
Sharp.

Let's use this thread to post information regarding the Kronos RH3 fix thread.

PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU HAVE HAD THE REPAIR PERFORMED ON YOUR KRONOS.

If this is like other repairs, Korg will have created a document for their Authorized Service Center technicians that describes the fix.

PLEASE POST:
1. When and where you had the repair performed
2. Which model (73 or 88 )
3. Any information you were told about the specific repair made
4. The results -- did the fix work?
5. Serial Number (optional)

Side Note: For anyone shipping their keyboard to be serviced, I would recommend double-boxing.

** Updated **

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/

Last edited by MartinHines on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Jeff Gibbs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to let everyone know that my Kronos 88 which was taken care of by my music dealer Marshall Music in northern Michigan whom I presume sent it in to a Korg service center for repair is back and it's FANTASTIC! I do not know what was done beyond what I can see myself.
The whole turn around took less than a week. Whether this will be the norm I have no idea. I imagine that the fix may take shorter or longer depending on where the work is done and whether or not shipping is involved. I have had the Kronos back for a day but wanted to make sure that everything was cool before posting. What a relief. It certainly is a different action and is either the same or slightly better for my playing style than the previous keybed. The OS was also updated to 1.5.2, so it's possible that the slight improvement I experience in the action is in the software or maybe just relief I can focus on the wonderful musical experience of the Kronos at last. Others might prefer the slightly different but perfectly wonderful original keybed feel/action. The important thing is that the double-note issue seems 100% resolved.

Last edited by Jeff Gibbs on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
petem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Very Happy
Jeff Gibbs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention an RH3 made in JAPAN sticker is affixed to the keys just as before. Yes great news indeed.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the OS1.5.2 and the physical repair it is (WAS!) both a combined software/hardware problem.

Edit: sorry ... I just see above I shouldn't have posted in here.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily. A software update may be required not to solve a purely hardware double trigger issue but for compatibility with the response of the new keybed.
jick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Looking at the OS1.5.2...

What did I miss?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jick wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Looking at the OS1.5.2...

What did I miss?

Nothing. It appears part of the fix involves updating the OS to v1.5.2, as opposed to the currently available 1.5.0. This implies the OS update only relates to this keybed replacement, and only those people who have the keybed replacment need this OS update.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there is both a keybed replacement and an update to version 1.5.2 for the new keybed...is this right?

I need to know pls because i phoned my distirbutor here and he said that they were going to adjust the existing keybed and that should solve the problem, no make mention of a new keybed and no make mention of a software update. Just an adjustment or movement of the existing keybed.

Sorry to come in, i know Martin only asked for those who have had the fix.
However, i will report once i get mine fixed - its going in next week.
Regards
Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replacement keybed is on order for my Kronos 88 which is at my local service center.

However... I just came back from NAMM. I tried the new keybed, which I was assured will be the exact same one my replacement will be (along with a software update... I presume to 1.5.2). Its absolutely beautiful!! All keys feel uniform (no different feel between black & white keys), no orthodontist needed to straighten out the keys, and the action is absolutely fantastic! In fact, maybe even better than before! It does have an RH3 sticker on it.

That being said, I can't wait to get my K88 back from the shop. Its going to be better than it was before (even if it didn't have a problem). All they guys at the Korg booth (especially Rich F) were awesome!

So before I even get my K88 back from the shop, a huge "thank you" goes out to Korg. Rich F did state in an earlier post in another thread that no Kronos user would be unhappy... he was right. This new solution is phenomenal! Thank you Korg!
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
So there is both a keybed replacement and an update to version 1.5.2 for the new keybed...is this right?

I need to know pls because i phoned my distirbutor here and he said that they were going to adjust the existing keybed and that should solve the problem, no make mention of a new keybed and no make mention of a software update. Just an adjustment or movement of the existing keybed.

No... the solution requires both a keybed replacement and software update.
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
However... I just came back from NAMM. I tried the new keybed, which I was assured will be the exact same one my replacement will be (along with a software update... I presume to 1.5.2). Its absolutely beautiful!! All keys feel uniform (no different feel between black & white keys), no orthodontist needed to straighten out the keys, and the action is absolutely fantastic! In fact, maybe even better than before! It does have an RH3 sticker on it.

I can't wait to get mine back from the shop. Just a couple days to go. I also ordered the memory expansion.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Sweat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that this is being treated like a recall. I recently bought my Kronos from a band mate who needed the cash. The group has since dissolved and he is nowhere to be found. Since I don't know where he brought it, and I have not yet registered it, I wonder if I can still qualify for the fix.
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos RH3 Keybed Fix Thread Reply with quote

I should get mine back any day now. FYI, they're charging me $55 to put the memory in during the same service call. It's like $25 for the memory and $30 for the labor. Can you believe somebody charges $30 to install a DIMM? Originally they wanted $40 labor. But I informed them that they already had the unit on the bench and open.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos RH3 Keybed Fix Thread Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
I should get mine back any day now. FYI, they're charging me $55 to put the memory in during the same service call. It's like $25 for the memory and $30 for the labor. Can you believe somebody charges $30 to install a DIMM? Originally they wanted $40 labor. But I informed them that they already had the unit on the bench and open.

You could have asked how much it would saved if you removed (and refit) the screws ... most labor goes into that. Installing DIM (haven't tried it myself though) will probably take 2 minutes at most.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: